Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bringing Everybody Up to Speed

For about the last two years Keith and I have been talking about opening our home to another child. There have been a few moments when we thought we could adopt a child, but life got in the way and we never had the sense God was leading. The idea, however, never left us.
I would try to put these precious little ones out of my mind. I would force myself to not look at their pictures. I would ban myself from waiting child websites. I thought if I could keep from looking for them I could resist holding an orphan child as my own. I was never able to do that. God put adoption everywhere. He put it in magazines, books, movies, sermons, on the radio and in the lives of some of our friends.
Recently a picture popped up on Rainbow Kids and I emailed the agency holding the file.  What I got in return was a little life described on paper. An adorable "little man" who is loved by his "Aunties".   He also hit so many development milestones right on track! And who could possibly resist this face?



Everything moved very quickly after that. Keith and I decided to ask the agency to lock his file. At the end of the lock period we wrote a Letter of Intent, mailed a few family pictures and waited for the update. The update never came but our faith grew through seeking The Lord's guidance and we decided that "Mr. Adorable" would be a Dohner. 


We did get an update! Yea! Thanks Kathy! And I have made a few new friends that have adopted from the same orphanage that our son is currently living in. So the information is flooding our brains and I will leak out more news as we progress. Pray for little dude that he remains healthy and strong. Pray that we soon decide on a name... Pray that our family grows and we become equipped to be all that he could ever want in a family.

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following along - and walking along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your announcement in church last Sunday made my week .... we are so excited for you all. What an amazing gift you are being given. We'll pray for you every single mile. Morven

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited for you, as well as totally shocked! Can't wait to follow this little dude, and see him become a Dohner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is this!!! God is awesome and will give you all of the "equipping" you need as you need it! Will pray with you and will look forward to following your story.

    ReplyDelete